The Recycled Natural Dye Long Sleeve Tee in Black by SMOCK. Featuring a natural dye process that starts with a pre-treatment of fabric in soap nut water to remove impurities. The natural dye consists of Rusted Iron & Brown Sugar. These extracts are mixed with a special recipe to achieve a beautiful shade of each color. The color black requires extra steps - using a vat dyeing technique. Vat solutions are prepared with iron and brown sugar 26 days in advance to an actual dyeing process. Once the solution is ready, fabric is dipped into the vat several times until the color hits the depth of the black color desired.
Caution: Due to the nature of the natural dye process, the color may stain other textiles during general wear and washing, especially the black color. Hand wash is highly recommended, machine wash with like colors. Enjoy the unique evolution of each piece over time!
- 100% Recycled Cotton Jersey
- 6.5oz (220gsm) - 18/1 - Medium-weight Cotton
- Hand-dyed with natural ingredients.
- Flared toward the bottom.
- Dropped shoulders
- Ribbed crew neckline and cuffs.
- Chest pocket with triangle-stitching reinforcement at opening.
- Hand crafted by artisans in India
- Available in Turquoise, Taupe & Mustard.